Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Yes, Jesus Loves Me

 
I was reading this Golden Book about Jesus before bed last night, and Anna said "I want Jesus to hold me in His lap like that little girl."  I was so touched that she thought to put herself into the picture and knew that Jesus is real and that it might be possible to sit in His lap.  She is only 4, but her faith and understanding of theology boggles my mind sometimes--yet it's an uncomplicated faith.  I told her how much Jesus loves her and would love to hold her in His lap.  This is true for you, too. And you can believe it.  This is more than believing in the magic of Christmas, like the Macy's commercials and banners simply say "Believe" during the holiday season.  This is a God who sees you.  He knows you by name.  He loves you.  He took our guilt; he took our shame.  He wants to be a part of your life.  How He loves us.  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."  John 3:16 from the Bible.  It doesn't get any simpler than that.  Anna understands that even if she doesn't know that verse by heart yet; it's not a requirement to know everything about the Bible or to do good deeds.  It's about His Grace and mercy for us.  She always wants me to sing 2 verses of Jesus Loves Me right before bed.  "Jesus loves me, He who died, heaven's gate to open wide.  He will wash away my sin, let His little child come in.  Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so."

No comments: